Many things are on pause right now in the economy, but not all. Here is some great news for your senior job search: The excellent career website The Muse has identified 75 companies that are hiring right now.
These are not just any companies. These are excellent companies with a great culture and mission—and great employee feedback.
There is a wide variety of professional roles at these companies, from content strategy to marketing to product management to finance and much more.
Visit the article to see the full list, and links to specific opportunities at each company that are hiring right now. Not all of the openings are entry level, but some are (or can be—don’t hold back from applying if something says it requires 2 years of experience, and remember that internship experience counts).
This list can not only give you specific opportunities that are open right now, but also expand your horizons by giving you ideas for companies and types of jobs to have on your radar for your career path down the road.
If you find a role you are interested in, make sure to pursue the role in a strategic way. As we saw in a prior article, that means do not simply apply online. Instead, first use LinkedIn to find out if you know anybody who works there or if you know anybody who knows someone who works there. Then reach out to that person to see if they have any advice for standing out in your application. If possible, set up a call with that person and if it goes well, they may be willing to recommend you internally for the role. That is the ideal–that will greatly multiply your chances for getting an interview.
Here are a few roles that especially stand out to me for King’s students, and which are in NYC or across the river in NJ. Most of the ones that I list appear to be open to entry-level candidates. If not, make a note.
Business and Finance
- Healthfirst: Healthfirst Analyst
- Healthfirst: Financial Analyst
- Healthfirst: Accounts Payable Analyst
- Goldman Sachs: Early Careers – Sales
- Broadridge: Operations Associate
- Broadridge: Career Foundations Program
- Oscar: Manager, Pricing and Portfolio Strategy
- Oscar: Senior Manager, Insights and Special Projects
- Netlify: Your Dream Job
- Peloton: IT Business Analyst (Finance) (Wants 3 years related experience in a business analyst, project management, or related role—if you have relevant and impressive internship experience, it can give you a shot)
- E*Trade: Analyst, Account Services Operations
- E*Trade: Analyst, Middle Office Operations
- MLB: Coordinator, International
- Capital One: Business Development Banker
- Pernod Ricard USA: Talent Acquisition Associate
- Facebook: Industry Marketing Manager – Partnerships
- Facebook: Marketing Manager – Brand
- GSK: Sales Professional, Pharma
- Squarespace: Programmatic Marketing Coordinator – Media & Acquisition
- Instacart: Brand Specialist
- Zynga: Graphic Designer
- Netlify: Account Executive (Mid-Market) (San Francisco)
- lytix: Employee Communications Manager (San Diego) (Wants 5 years experience but if you have impressive internship experience writing internal communications it might get you a hearing)
- lytx: Business Development Representative (MA)
- Blackline: Solutions Consultant
- Yieldmo: Data Analyst, Adserving (A possibility if you have obtained experience with Java, C++, or Python on your own and have internship or other work experience analyzing large data sets)
- Appian: Enterprise Account Executive – Strategic Accounts
- City National Bank: Senior Marketing Coordinator
- Good Apple: Assistant Programmatic Planner
- Good Apple: Programmatic Media Manager
- Good Apple: Social Strategist
- Good Apple: Assistant Media Planner
- Facebook: Product Manager
- Facebook: Product Manager, Developer Tools
- Squarespace: UX Researcher; not entry level, but looks fantastic; if you have experience in UX research on your own, could be possible
- Squarespace: Senior UX Content Strategist; also not entry level, but could be a great role in the tech space for a King’s alum who has been working in this field
- Axios: Product Manager (App)
- Zynga: Lead Game Artist (Finland)
- Capital One: Digital Product Manager (pass this on to any alumni you know who have 2 years experience in digital product management; product management is a great field and way in to strategic institutions and does not require coding skills)
Administration and Events
- Facebook: Video Operations Producer
- Spectrum: Weather Producer
- Spectrum: Advanced Advertising Planner – Media
- Spectrum: Producer – Mornings on 1
- HBO: Digital Associate Producer – Freelance
- The Washington Post: Content Strategist (possible if you can show impressive internship experience with paid content creation experience)